Friday 8 November 2013

Critical Reflection on My Next Stage of Learning

As the end of the semester draws nearer, 12 weeks of ES1102 had past. It was a meaningful journey, I had picked up many tips and was exposed to many writing styles that I ought to know when drafting a report or even the simplest writing of an essay. Despite writing essays and submitting report since I started receiving education, I was not aware of how to cite or quote, how to draft an essay or even writing a thesis statement. After going through all the writings, reviewing and evaluating of essays, I am glad that I was enrolled into this module despite the heavy workload that I already have. The skills that I have picked up will aid me in my future. With more future reports to submit, provides me with more opportunities to put my learning to the test.

Learning doesn't stop, we need to practice what we learn and develop better skills. Only with the willingness to learn and to improve, we will put what we have learnt into good use. I believe even after this course has ended, I will continue to work on my language and build on my learning curve to write better. With the confidence in writing from this module, I am sure I will be able to fare well in my future writings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kenneth,

    Please allow me to humbly comment on your critical reflection on your next stage of learning.

    For the first two sentence, would it be better to change it to: "As the end of the semester draws near, it also signifies the end of the ES1102 module. These 12 weeks has been a meaningful journey for me."? As "12 weeks of ES1102 has passed" and "end of the semester draws near" as the same intended meaning but after hearing these two sentence, one would expect elaboration on the purpose of stating these two sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kenneth, for your contribution in this reflection. It heartens me to know that you feel like your time was meaningfully spent and that what you have learned will benefit you in the future.

    Best of luck as you continue your learning journey.

    ReplyDelete